Thursday, February 21, 2013

Varsity Quilt

This quilt is called Varisty, a pattern by Julie Herman of Jaybird Quilts.  I made it with "Parisville" fabric by Tula Pink!  I really love this quilt.  This is one of my own quilts and I'm really trying to stick with my New Year's resolution to quilt one of my own quilts per month.  This is February's.  I quilted my favorite swirls and used two pieces of Quilter's Dream poly batting. 





Don't you just love the back of this quilt.   That Tula Pink is just one talented lady!  Just have to add the binding and she will be good to go!  I'm going to enter this one in a local quilt show in May. 

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Quilting!

Teresa

8 comments:

  1. That turned out beautiful! I just love your swirls!!!! Now if I could just master mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the pleasure of seeing this quilt in person and it is absolutely stunning. Good idea about quilting for yourself once in a while too, Teresa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's darling and your quilting is fantastic too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilting is absolutely beautiful. It really transforms a very basic pieced design into something very special. Makes me think of soft serve ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's gorgeous Teresa....... I love the fabrics, especially the backing fabric. Your quilting is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi
    Love those straight lines you put in there. Gives your swirls extra oomph.

    Cheers

    Linda

    ReplyDelete