Thursday, February 7, 2013

Jan's Quilt

This lovely quilt was made by my Aunt Jan.  My Aunt Jan is a very traditional quilter but after she and I attended a Tula Pink workshop last summer at Stash she has started to convert to a modern quilter.  She made this wonderful quilt out of Tula Pink's fabric "Parisville" with a little "Birds and the Bee's" mixed in.  This pattern is called "Kiss Kiss" by Tula Pink.  She did an excellent job piecing it and asked me to custom quilt it for her.


I used some techinques that I've learned from the magnificent Angela Walters.  I have both of her books and they are wonderful.  I have learned so much from this very talented lady!   I think this quilt turned out pretty cute.  Look at those center blocks...Tula has the most interesting fabric ever!  I just love her creative style.

Thanks for taking a look.

Teresa

6 comments:

  1. I agree with you about Angela, I really like her style and quilting. I had fun meeting her at road, and she is just like I imagined her to be. Very real and actually quilt funny. I think your quilting fit this unique fabric very well, it looks great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Aunty has gone Mod!! Well done Aunty - and you

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Teresa, I love what you have done to this quilt. Those pink squares are amazing!! I've yet to see Angela's second book. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful! Love the quilting in the pink squares.

    ReplyDelete