Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Unfinished Quilts....

I thought it might be fun to share with you my growing stack of unfinished quilt tops.  Crazy...I own a longarm and still I have all these tops unfinished.  That is why I have decided to quilt one of my own every month this year.  Possibly two.  The problem is I keep making more.  This first one is called Star Cakes by Legacy patterns.  I made it with one layer cake of "Vintage Modern" by Bonnie and Camille and some yardage.  Went together so fast and it's 85 x 85. Perfect for a queen size bed.

This fun quilt is called "Northern Lights" by Jaybird Quilts.  I used her new "Hex n' More" ruler to make this up.  It was easy and super fun to make.

 This quilt was made with a free pattern on the Moda Bakeshop.  I made it with two charm packs and some yardarge. 
 Oh and this little beauty was made with my Christmas gift from my husband....1/2 yard cuts of all of Tula Pink's new fabric collection "Salt Water" and Julie Herman's "Hex n' More" ruler.  So fun and easy to make. 

 Here is a cute little Wave quilt that I made in Patty Young's "Andalucia" fabric.  This pattern was a free pattern over at Elizabeth Hartman's Blog - Oh, Frannson!.  It was super easy to make with a few fat quarters.
 And this little beauty made with "Parisville" fabric by Tula Pink and a Jaybird pattern "Varsity".  A very fine combination if I do say so myself.  I can't wait to get this one quilted.  I see a lot of fun swirls in those cream areas.  I love swirls!
 This is a quilt that I made about 4 or 5 years ago and just threw it in a stack to be quilted.  I was disappointed in it because I thought my points were not very good on it.  After I pulled it out and started looking at it I decided it's not too bad and I really should finish it.  I hope to get this one completed this year.
 This was a block of the month quilt that I did through Fat Quarter Shop a couple of years ago and never finished it.  It is also on the list to finish this year. 
As you can see I have 8 quilt tops that need attention.  I actually cleaned up my sewing area this weekend and organized all my fabric and projects.  I have a ton more that I want to make this year. I enjoy it so much and feel so lucky to have the access to all this beautiful fabric.  Thanks for stopping by and taking a look at what I'm doing.  I will share all these quilts with you once I get them completed.  Wish me luck! 

Happy Quilting!

Teresa

12 comments:

  1. I think you need to take a few weeks off and just have fun quilting these tops! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck to you. I know one a month sounds doable but it's amazing how the month can get away from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a great range of flimsies here - from traditional to modern, low-volume to lively. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck. I think you can get them done and they will be very beautiful finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck :-) I think you will get the tops done this year. They are all so beautiful and all different styles, great. I am looking forward seeing them quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am wishing us both luck as I am in the same situation you are, lots of tops TBQ and more that I want to piece!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. they are all such beautiful quilts - and will be even better with your fabulous quilting. It's just not fair. I mean what do the designers - fabric and pattern - expect us to do when they keep coming out with such great patterns and designs?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! So many fun quilts.......you simply HAVE to work on getting them done so you can enjoy them. You are so taleneted.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous quilts, I'm looking to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't believe you have all these cute tops and you didn't just stop everything to see them quilted...the curiosity would kill me. I LOVE the tula pink one & the wave one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know just how you feel, lol. When I read this I was glad to know I wasn't the only one in this situation!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How lovely to have those quilts to finish.
    What fun you will have.

    ReplyDelete