Saturday, November 10, 2012

Laura's Quilt

Here is a quilt that my cousin Laura made. I custom quilted it for her with a lot of swirls and then a new border design that I used the tutorial over at Kathy's Blog.  I have always loved this border design but was a little bit leary of giving it a try but since it was Laura's quilt I have freedom to experiment on it.  Kathy's directions were wonderful.  It was a good learning experience and I will definitely try this again.



I really love how the all the swirls gave the quilt this wonderful texture.  Thanks for letting me practice on your quilt Laura.  It really is a beautiful quilt.  Hope you're having a great Saturday.  Happy Quilting!

Teresa

7 comments:

  1. The Echo Curve design is perfect on Laura's quilt!! It works so well on busy fabrics and doesn't compete with the bold prints. Your swirls look great too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So amazing! You did a great job, I haven't seen that pattern before. Laura did a fabulous job and so did you!
    Venus

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt and I love the quilting you did on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful...I too love that quilting design Kathy does. Haven't tried it yet...Yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilt and quilting! Can you tell me the name of this pattern? I love it.

    ReplyDelete