Monday, January 5, 2015

Cheryl's Quilt

I had the pleasure to work on this amazing quilt made by Cheryl.  It's a pattern called "Metro Hoops" by Sew Kind of Wonderful made using the Quick Curve Ruler.I should also mention that Sew Kind of Wonderful has a new longarm ruler called the Sidekick QCR.  That's how I was able to do the curved cross hatching.  It fits the curves of all their patterns really nicely.  I would definitely recommend this ruler to any longarm quilters out there that quilt a lot of these patterns.  Works slick!

I have really been trying to challenge myself when I get the opportunity and this quilt just screamed for it!  I started off in the centers doing some circle quilting and then filling those in similar to how I've seen Jenny Pedigo from Sew Kind of Wonderful use on different quilts.  It was really fun and actually led me to try some whole cloth quilting using this design.  I'll share those photos with you later.  Here are some fun pictures!







This fabric is Tula Pink Fox Field.  Thanks for letting me work on your gorgeous quilt Cheryl!

Happy Quilting!

Teresa

16 comments:

  1. That is incredibly gorgeous. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gourgeous quilt with gourgeous quilting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quilting you did for this quilt.....it really has give the quilt a WOW factor.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing the beauty Teresa! I love Jenny's designs, I haven't quilted any for my customers but have done one as a present for my brother. I am keen to get one of the rulers you mentioned they look fabulous, would they work well on a non Sew Kind of Wonderful pattern?? I really like the quilt with the limey green background.......so different!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow it looks great and yeah to you for trying something new.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing on your feed and I am hoping you write again very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really like the curved cross hatching quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I simply want to tell you that I am just beginner to blogs and certainly enjoyed you’re web page.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its like you read my mind! You seem to know a lot about this

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great info. Thank you for sharing this fascinating information together.

    ReplyDelete

  12. This is very interesting, I love how you express yourself in form of writing. You’re a very skilled blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good blog you have got here.. It’s hard to find quality writing like yours these days. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great content material and great layout. Your website deserves all of the positive feedback it’s been getting.

    ReplyDelete