Thursday, May 9, 2013

Owl Quilt

This owl quilt started after I saw Tula Pink's new embroidery pattern.  I, unfortunately don't have an embroidery machine but my Aunt Jan does!  I mentioned it to her that she should download this owl pattern and make one because it was so adorable.  Well, at Christmas time she brought me the big owl and four baby owls.  How lucky am I?  So I've had these owls on my design wall since then and decided it was time for them to become a wall hanging.  I used my left over scraps of Parisville from my Varsity quilt.  I just made it up as I went.  I must say that I appreciate all pattern designers out there even more now.  It seems pretty simple but making everything line up can really give you a headache with all the math involved.  Well, I figured it out and this is what I came up with.  I custom quilted it yesterday and just have the binding to add. 




This sweet little baby is going to be hanging in my sewing room soon.  I'm absolutely in love with it!  Thanks, Tula for inspiring all of us with your artistic abilities.  I can't wait until September to get my hands on some of her new line Acacia.  Super cute!  She has pictures posted on her facebook page.  Thank you so much for stopping by....I really do appreciate all of you!

Happy Quilting!

Teresa

2 comments:

  1. It is just beautiful! How did you do the design in the pinwheel blocks. Did you use a ruler or eye ball it:) Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally amazing job, Teresa! Love it.

    ReplyDelete