Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Julie Herman of Jaybird Quilts

Yes!  You read that right....I had the pleasure to quilt for Julie Herman of Jaybird Quilts!  I had the most fun with these quilts and I even got to preview Tula Pink's new line of fabric Acacia that is due out in September.  Let me tell you...you need this fabric...I would suggest saving your money now so you can buy the entire line!  Amazing!!!!  If you've read my blog for any amount of time you know I love Jaybird patterns.  I love everything she does and her Hex n' More ruler is genius!  I use mine all the time.  I have met her before but I had the pleasure to see her at Quilt Market and even had my picture with her.  I will share those in my blog post on Market coming soon.  She is just the sweetest person and is so encouraging.  She was encouraging me to take my quilting further and I really appreciate that.  She told me she used to work a full time job too before she made it as a pattern designer/book author.  I love what I do and hope I can continue to grow!  She gave me two of her newest patterns...Snack time and Tiny Dancer.   Can't wait to make both of them.  Thank you Julie!

Okay, now on to her quilts!  This first one is "Science Fair".  She used a Free Spirt solid for the pink background.  It was so soft.  I quilted swirls in those areas.  Here are the pictures.








This is Julie's pattern called "Northern Lights"  Isn't it pretty in the prints?  I made one out of solids and still need to quilt it but I'm really loving it with these Tula Pink "Acacia" prints.  I quilted each row differently similiar to how Angela Walter's quilted Julie's first "Northern Lights" quilt. 



 The back of this one was amazing!  And that is her label in the center...Love how she sews it right into the back.  You will always know whose quilt this is! 



 Okay...and the last one up is "Snack Time" another one of Julie's new patterns.  She used Simply Color by V & Co.  This is Vanessa's new fabric line called "Simply Style".  I quilted pebbles in all the white areas and feather petals in the rings.  I love how the pebbles made the rings pop.








The back of this quilt was so pretty.  Don't you love that strip she used on the back with her label?  Too cute!  Thank you, Julie for letting me quilt these for you.  It was a huge honor for me and I was so proud to see them at Quilt Market in Portland! 

Happy Quilting!

Teresa

7 comments:

  1. Absolutely amazing!!!! You did an excellent job! I am super jealous you got to quilt for a designer. How awesome is that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what an honor and such beautiful quilting on such lovely quilts. Thanks for sharing. Happy days:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done! I especially like the last one on the back side. I like Julie's patterns too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job!!! Your quilting is amazing and such a special treat to be able to quilt for Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great quilting, really helps the pattern shine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful quilts Teresa. You did an awesome job on these quilts. I'm finding I now have a keen interest in Julie's work (because of your show casing her quilts/patterns)

    ReplyDelete