Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to everyone!  I hope you're finding some time to spend with all of your family. I've been enjoying the last few days with my family and doing a little quilting for myself.  I've had this quilt finished for quite a while.  It was a QAL over at Sew Kind of Wonderful and I've been afraid to quilt it for a long time.  I've been studying all the quilts that Jenny does and loved how she quilted one of hers with a lot of straight lines.  I used that idea and then I used my curved cross hatching ruler to do the 9 patch blocks.  Some of the blocks I quilted swirls in.

Love the pictures I was able to get while on the frame today with the sun coming in.  So beautiful.






Thanks for taking a look today.  Thanks, Jenny for being so creative and making up all of these really cool patterns.  I'm looking forward to her Wedding Ring pattern she is coming up with right now.  Going to be so cool to make with her curved ruler.  I'm currently doing her QAL with traditional blocks made modern with curves.  I think I'll go get caught up on those now.

Have a wonderful Christmas!

Teresa

14 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Teresa! Love the colors you chose and the quilting you did on Jenny's first QAL quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! Happy Holidays to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did the design absolute justice Teresa!! I love it! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny is an inspiration but you are too!!! I'm hoping to embark on a Jenny pattern over the break.

    Merry Christmas

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just simple stunning Teresa, .......you really nailed the quilting design on this one. Can't to get started on this quilt myself.! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colors and quilting! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas Teresa! I just purchased Jenny's curved ruler and the Urban Nine Patch pattern. so excited to make this quilt....your quilting looks fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is fantastic! Love the pattern - your colour choice is great!
    Saskia

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful! Two questions what color thread are you using that blends so well? And how do you get your lines so straight

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this is stunning! Pattern awesome, without being too complicated, simple piecing. Your quilting totally enhances the quilt! Awesome indeed. My question was regarding thread colour also as it appears to blend through without being noticeable on the white?? Monophilament?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Teresa,

    Your quilt Teresa has blown my mind! Wow, wow and wowie wow!!!!! It is truly amazing and it's the best quilting that I've seen in the last few days. Congratulations on your amazing job. Julie Beard Adelaide South Australia

    ReplyDelete