Monday, January 16, 2012

Liz's Quilt

Here's a quilt I machine quilted for Liz....She wanted the all over pantograph "Leaves" on it.  Turned out fabulous.  This is queen size so it is going to gorgeous on a bed.



 This is a picture of the back of the quilt.
 Here is a table runner I made using the Quick Curve Ruler form Jenny over at Sew Kind of Wonderful.  You can purchase her ruler here.  It was really simple to use and she offers free videos on her blog on how to cut, square up and press your blocks.  As you can see mine did not line up perfectly because I didn't follow the directions.  After I re-read them and looked at the video I figured out what I did wrong.  I only squared the block up at the top and not the bottom.  Now I can piece them perfect everytime.  I would really recommend getting this ruler and also buying some of her patterns.  They are gorgeous.  I'm having a ton of fun playing with this new ruler.  It makes cutting and piecing blocks a snap.  Love it!
 This little squirt kept trying to get in the pictures so I just decided to take her picture.  She is  now 13 weeks old and weighs 2 pounds 5 ounces.


 I quilted pebbles and some figure eights in the curves.

 Here is a picture of the back.  I can't wait to make another one of these where the curves match up.  I know I can do so much better on my piecing but this was my first practice piece.

I hope you're having a wonderful day.  I'm home today quilting so I know my day will be fun.  Thanks for looking.

Teresa

3 comments:

  1. okay...never mind about the pictures!! That's awesome Teresa, I love it! I had a couple of boo..boo's in that pattern and have changed them, but looks like you did just fine ;o) Yeah!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just read your post after my first comment and first off...what a cute little puppy. My Coulee would love to play with that little furr ball. And I didn't even notice your seams not matching till you pointed them out and of course your quilting is wonderful!

      Delete
  2. You do beautiful quilting, Teresa! Is the curvy runner free handed???

    ReplyDelete