Sunday, March 1, 2015

Mary P's Quilt

This gorgeous beauty belongs to Mary.  She is very talented at hand embroidery.  She just makes these blocks up as she goes.  Each block was different and she learned all kinds of new stitches on Pinterest.  I'm in awe of her work.  We collaborated on the quilting for this one.  She really wanted cross hatching and I have to say this was a perfect choice for the backgrounds.  And lots of feathers in the borders. I used two pieces of batting for this quilt.  Quilter's Dream Poly Deluxe and a layer of Quilter's Dream Dream Puff.  Really made the quilting pop!










It's a stunning quilt!  Great job Mary! You always amaze me when you bring me your quilts.  This one is just over the top.

Happy Quilting!

Teresa

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful--and truly blissful, Teresa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Debbie. It looks like the two of you worked together block by block. Absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh that really is different! So was the plan before she stitched that you would quilt all those circles? Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! Her work really is stunning and your quilting on this one is spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your quilting really shows the beautifull embroidery, great teamwork !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Breathtaking! I want to touch it! It looks like a treasure

    ReplyDelete