Friday, February 6, 2015

Gravity Quilt - One of My Own

I had the pleasure of getting to pattern test this Gravity Quilt pattern by Julie Herman of Jaybird Quilts.  When I saw her version of the quilt I was in love with this pattern....I then got this crazy idea to try some of my favorite fabrics with this pattern. I used Tula Pink "Moonshine" and just added a few solids.  I did supplement some of the colors with some other lines of her fabrics. I think this pattern looks great in prints too.  Julie's was done in all solids.  I also switched the color order of the diamonds from the pattern.  It's supposed to go dark to light from the center and I just switched it.  

Of course, I had to custom quilt this.  The quilting on this one took forever....I think I spent a good week on this one.  I normally don't spend that much time on one of my own quilts but this one was really special....I knew I needed to take the time.  I'm so glad I did.  






Thanks for stopping by and thank you to Julie Herman for creating such great patterns for all of us.  This is a block of the month pattern that is out now.  I encourage you to all give it a try.  I look forward to seeing it made up in all sorts of fabrics.  Such a fun quilt to make.

Happy Quilting!

Teresa

15 comments:

  1. Incredible! Those outer diamonds are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a treasure! Well worth your time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lucky you - being a pattern tester for Julie would be a real dream come true

    ReplyDelete
  4. DO YOU THINK THIS COULD BE SCALED DONE TO USE 5" PRECUT SQUARES? I WANT TO DO A SMALLER VERSION.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow is right. This one is really gorgeous. Very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowza! You're talents are ever evolving, I just love your version of this quilt and all the detail in the quilting! It is a true masterpiece and work of art! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Teresa! This is just incredible, and yes, your abilities are sky high! I may have to buy this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning quilting! Just completed my Gravity in similar colors as Julie's pattern. Now it looks as though I will have to raid the Moonshine bolts at the shop and cut another one!!! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the prettiest quilt ever

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful quilt! I used to have a couch just like the one in the picture- I loved that couch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! I just picked up a new fabric line I'm in love with - a couple ideas going thru my mind then a friend commented it reminded her of a Starry Night. So, the hunt was on for something outer space/nebula related. Bam!!! I think I found this fabric's journey.

    ReplyDelete