Friday, December 27, 2013

Mary's Quilt

Mary is a new quilting friend I met this past year and I'm so thankful to have met her.  She's a great lady. She just started quilting in January of 2013 and has already made 18 quilts.  I would say she is hooked!  She always adds some beautiful hand embroidery to her projects and I love quilting away and finding some hidden treasures that she has stitched.  I always tease her that she always "Mary's it up".  This quilt started with a gift of charms squares that I gave her for a gift.  This is what she made up.  She asked me to custom quilt it for her.  I took some ideas from Judi's new book "Quilting in Wide Open Spaces"  Her new book is so awesome.  If you like to look at quilting eye candy....then this book is for you.  Fabulous job Judi!  Here are some pictures of Mary's beautiful Quilt.







 These cute little daisies were done digitally and the digital pattern is available from Natalia over at Piece N Quilt.  So cute!
 Check out all this hand embroidery!






Thanks so much for letting me quilt this for you Mary!  She's such a talented lady!

Happy Quilting!

Teresa

9 comments:

  1. Incredible! The quilt and the quilting! So nice to see all the detail shots. I would love it if you would be so kind as to link up on my blog today. I am hosting the Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday. Please visit me at http://sewfreshquilts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again you're taken the simple quilt and turned into a work of art. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love your quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness! What gorgeous quilting! Thank you for sharing in such detail. I love the way you separated the wide open spaces into smaller areas with the quilting. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You both did amazing work on this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited to get this quilt home! Thank you Teresa for your special talent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Both the quilt and the quilting. Santa didn't bring me Judy's book for Christmas but he did bring me a gift certificate so that I can buy it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree, simply a work of art by you both! Gorgeous Teresa!

    ReplyDelete