Tuesday, April 23, 2013

A Couple Finishes of My Own....

Here is my Granny Square Quilt that I made from a free tutorial on the Moda Bake Shop.  I used Sweetwater's new line called "Noteworthy".  I absolutely love this line of fabric.  It's so simple and the colors are just refreshing.  I wanted to keep it simple so I just quilted straight lines on it. 




 And a little sneak peek....This is a quilt I shared a while back with you....I've been trying to get all my unfinished quilts done this year so I'm quilting a couple of my own each month.  I still need to add the binding on to this one and then I will share the whole quilt.  I'm in love with this one!  I made it out of Tula Pink's
fabric "Saltwater" and used Julie Herman's Hex n' More ruler.  It went together really fast.  Just cut 2-1/2 inch strips and sewed them together then cut the hexagons out with my fun new ruler.  Makes these hexagons a snap!

 

Isn't this fabric amazing?  I love the texture of the quilting as the light was coming in the windows in my sewing room.  Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you find some time to do a little quilting.

Teresa

7 comments:

  1. Oh my! Both quilts are absolutely gorgeous! I also love the noteworthy fabric collection. It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both quilts are so pretty, Teresa!! I love the quilting, too....your work is amazing :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply gorgeous! Love love love that Tula Pink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both of these - nice effect with the long lines, and the hexi quilt is just amazing. :) What batting do you have in it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Teresa--You are just the most awesome quilter and you should be very proud of yourself. Both of these quilts are simply amazing. Thanks for sharing with all of us!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love them both so much! Just beautiful and you are such an amazing quilter.
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both quilts are amazing. I also love the noteworthy fabric and used it completely different. These straight lines add a new look to the quilt.
    The hexagons are uniquely quilted. They look like flowers. Beautiful work. I love the colors too. Thank ypu for showing your quilts.

    ReplyDelete